Re: [ecasound] Problems with Ecawave 0.4.0 and other versions.

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Problems with Ecawave 0.4.0 and other versions.
From: S. u. S. Zimmermann (suszimmermann@t-online.de)
Date: Sun Jul 08 2001 - 12:24:23 EEST

I have encountered very similar problems compiling ecawave 0.4.0 under
SuSE Linux 7.1
using qt-2.2.3 since it was not the default qt at the /usr/lib/qt
directory.
Finally after reading Zach's and Luke's hints and having manipulated the
configure
script by hand ecawave runs and it seems to work fine with .wav input.
However, with .mp3 files the program exits whenever I push 'copy' or
'cut' buttons
while it seems to be forking processes. I tried to build a debug version
of ecawave
which succeeded but the problem seems to be related to the ecasound
library and I
do not know how to debug with a library.
Does anyone have any hints ?

Steffen

On Monday 25 June 2001 10:58, you wrote:
> I have been experiencing several problems with ecawave 0.4.0. For some
> reason I cannot compile it, but I can install the binaries for it from the
> RPM and when I do that and try to run the executable, I only get a program
> that sits there, and does nothing. No GUI comes up. It just hangs there.
> I was looking around in the strace output and it appears to be looking for
> some graphical files, and finds them all, so I don't know why it hangs.
>
> I am currently trying to compile qtecasound-0.1dev6 and ecawave-0.4.0 but I
> only end up getting problems. From what I can tell, there is some headers
> missing from the ecasound-devel-2.0.1-1.i386.rpm. To test to make sure it
> just wasn't a bad package for the ecawave-0.4.0, I tried to download the
> release before this one, and compile it.
>
> I have almost all of the header files for ecawave-0.3dev7, but I am missing
> the qesignallevel.h. I cannot find it anywhere, not even in the
> development RPM.
>
> I have been looking around with google, and it seems to me that you used to
> include the qesignallevel.h file in your pre-2.0.0 releases. Does someone
> know where this particular file went to?
>
> I am running Mandrake 8.0 with qt-2.3.0 libraries.
>
> If you need any more information from me, please let me know and I will be
> more than happy to supply it.
>
> Zach

I compiled ecawave and ecamegapedel last night on a rh7.1 and
experienced
some problems. Even after running configure, adding the options for
QT_DIR,
LIB'S & HEADERS the compile failed. The header for the interface.h file
includes the qt headers as if the are located in /usr/include. The rh
RPM's
however put the headers in /usr/lib/qt-*/include. I couldn't be bothered
change all the headers so I just linked the files from the qt include
dir. A
botch but it worked.

ln -s /usr/lib/qt-2.3.0/include/* /usr/include

I also did this for the qt lib's (eventhough the /usr/lib/qt-2.3.0/lib
was
already added to ld.co.conf).

ln -s usr/lib/qt-2.3.0/lib/lib* /usr/lib

Perhaps the rpm's you installed are trying to load libqt but can't find
it.
Compiled fine and I made good use of ecawave for several minutes. Looks
pretty impressive. I couldn't get anything out of ecamegapedal It loaded
ok
but crashed the system when I hit start after selecting analyse volume.
How would I specify the native alsa input & output in place of /dev/dsp?
Should the meter be working before hitting start?

--
Luke Tindall