Re: [ecasound] Problems with Ecawave 0.4.0 and other versions.

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Problems with Ecawave 0.4.0 and other versions.
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Mon Jul 09 2001 - 07:22:12 EEST

On Sun, 8 Jul 2001, S. u. S. Zimmermann wrote:

> script by hand ecawave runs and it seems to work fine with .wav input.
> However, with .mp3 files the program exits whenever I push 'copy' or
> 'cut' buttons while it seems to be forking processes. I tried to build
> a debug version of ecawave which succeeded but the problem seems to be
> related to the ecasound library and I do not know how to debug with a

This is probably the same ecawave+mp3 bug that was covered on this list
some time ago. Unfortunately it's still unresolved. For some reason,
forking mpg123 fails when using ecawave. To make it even more weird, the
same thing works with qtecasound. Both use libecasound (which actually
does the forking) in the same way, both written in C++ and use libqt...

I've tried to trace the problem (it's either in
libecasound/audioio-mp3.cpp or libecasound/audioio-forked-stream.cpp), but
so far no luck. Definititely a weird one...