Re: [ecasound] Xlib: extension "RENDER" missing on display ":0.0"

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Xlib: extension "RENDER" missing on display ":0.0"
From: Luke Tindall (luke@maths.ex.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Jul 06 2001 - 11:22:06 EEST

On Friday 06 July 2001 04:12, you wrote:
> I get the same message followed by a core dump. This happens with the
> rpms of both ecawave and qtecasound. However I'm running Red Hat 7.1.
>
> I've also tried the sources but none will complete a make.
>
> Help is much appreciated.

The problems here I covered in an email the other day. Redhat put the qt
libraries in a different place to the expectations of ecawave. I havn't tried
the rpm's. A quick fix would be to link the qt libs and headers to /usr/lib
and /usr/include respectavily. A better fix would be to have variables like
QT_DIR, QT_LIB, QT_INCLUDE which would solve the
dependenciesfor different distributions(I found that the ones included with
configure don't work). You should get it to compile if you put in the links
but remeber to remove them if you upgrrade qt & kde.

--
Luke Tindall