Re: [ecasound] ecasound linking problem

Subject: Re: [ecasound] ecasound linking problem
From: Richard A. Smith (rsmith@BITWORKS.COM)
Date: Wed May 10 2000 - 01:13:15 EEST

On Wed, 10 May 2000 00:03:37 +0300 (EEST), Kai Vehmanen wrote:

>that ld 2.9.5 links fine if code was compiled with 2.91.66, but stops to
>an error if 2.95.1/2 was used. Very strange.
>
>I haven't touched my devel-machine, so I have to do these experiments on

A wise choice.

>my old Pentium ---> rebuilding ecasound takes forever. But, but, feel
>free to experiment with various gcc+binutils+libstdc++ combinations and
>flags.

What would help me is that if I could find a something telling me how
to grok those reference numbers and determine just what the linker is
whining about. What exactly is the linker trying to do?

on a side note are all your header files wrapped in a #ifndef
<header_name> #define <header_name> directives? I have heard not
doing that can cause wierd problems and it would be something that
versions of the compilers treat differently.

--
Richard A. Smith                         Bitworks, Inc.
rsmith@bitworks.com               501.846.5777