Re: [ecasound] ecasound linking problem

Subject: Re: [ecasound] ecasound linking problem
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Wed May 10 2000 - 00:03:37 EEST

On Mon, 8 May 2000, S. Massy wrote:

> And sounding like an ol' scratched disc I say, didn't work for me
> either. :( Just like the other guys, gcc 2.95.2, binutils 2.9.5, up to date
> Debian 2.2 'n all. Compiler seems to work alright for any other C++
> progs.

Doh, this looks bad. I've been trying out various combinations, but with
no luck. The compile stage goes fine with all combinations, but during
the linking phase, ld always print outs the same error messages. The
curious things is that even 2.91.66+binutils2.9.5 works fine. This means,
that ld 2.9.5 links fine if code was compiled with 2.91.66, but stops to
an error if 2.95.1/2 was used. Very strange.

I haven't touched my devel-machine, so I have to do these experiments on
my old Pentium ---> rebuilding ecasound takes forever. But, but, feel
free to experiment with various gcc+binutils+libstdc++ combinations and
flags.

--
Kai Vehmanen <k@eca.cx> ---------------- CS, University of Turku .
 . audio software for linux .. http://www.eca.cx 		 .