Re: [ecasound] ecasound linking problem

Subject: Re: [ecasound] ecasound linking problem
From: S. Massy (theanaloguekid@tak.net.dhis.org)
Date: Thu May 11 2000 - 01:31:04 EEST

Hi all,

It seems like the problem isn't only with strict prototyping flags but also
within the preprocessing stage. One would have to check the doc to see
if the parsing method as changed in anyway in 2.95.x. Anyway, here's
what I've done and what other debian fellows might want to try:
- Install the package "gcc272"
- # make distclean
- Edit configure.in as Mr. Vehmanen suggested. (remove strict
prototyping flags)
- ./configure [your options]
- Edit the Makefile and change:
"CC = gcc
CPP = gcc -E"
"CC = gcc272
CPP = gcc272 -E"
- # make
here we are! :)

Note that we still use "c++" to compile the code which still refers to
gcc 2.95.2, this is why I think the bug is in the preprocessing stage.

let me know if it works for you too,
Sebastien Massy