Re: [ecasound] ecasound linking problem

Subject: Re: [ecasound] ecasound linking problem
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Thu May 11 2000 - 23:46:55 EEST

On Tue, 9 May 2000, Richard A. Smith wrote:

>>free to experiment with various gcc+binutils+libstdc++ combinations and
> to grok those reference numbers and determine just what the linker is
> whining about. What exactly is the linker trying to do?

Well, those error messages don't tell you much. Basicly something in
the early stages (preprocessing) goes wrong, and eventually confuses
the linker. :(

> on a side note are all your header files wrapped in a #ifndef
> <header_name> #define <header_name> directives? I have heard not
> doing that can cause wierd problems and it would be something that
> versions of the compilers treat differently.

Those are include-guards. Include file is only processed if
'_SOMEFILE' is not defined. In the second line of the header,
'_SOMEFILE' is defined. This guarantees that header files are only
included once per compilation unit. With a complex project, include
guards are a must. These shouldn't cause problems to the preprocessor.

--
Kai Vehmanen <k@eca.cx> ---------------- CS, University of Turku .
 . audio software for linux .. http://www.eca.cx 		 .