Re: [ecasound] weird delay in real time processing

Subject: Re: [ecasound] weird delay in real time processing
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Thu May 11 2000 - 23:55:50 EEST

On Thu, 11 May 2000, S. Massy wrote:

> guitar + amp simulator + SBLive (MIC in) + processor (ecasound) +
> SBLive speaker out + speakers (I intend to eventually output to a file
[...]
> from that time. If I close ecasound and restart it, it does exactly the
> same (starts with little or no delay the becomes laggy). I lowered the
> buffer size down to 32 and run ecasound with the "-r" option but it

From the list archives...:

--cut--
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 21:02:02 -0500
From: Remco Poelstra <rjpoelstra@home.nl>
To: ecasound-list@wakkanet.fi
Subject: [ecasound] Delay with SB Live

It's quite a long time ago, that I mailed about a delay in ecasound,
even with -b:64.
I was suggested to try some other realtime software, to check if it was
ecasound or the OSS sounddriver.
Finally, after a lot of troubles, I've installed the alsa driver.
Now ecasound gives almost no delay with -b:128.
I hope this will be usefull to users of the SB Live card, which also
experiences delay problems.
--cut--

> I'm using alsa's emu10k1 driver. I tried to use native alsa devices
> with ecasound but got a very poor sound along with underrun warnings

Hmm, what version of ALSA?

--
Kai Vehmanen <k@eca.cx> ---------------- CS, University of Turku .
 . audio software for linux .. http://www.eca.cx 		 .