[ecasound] MIDI input from Virmidi?

From: Kevin Utter <kvutter@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 20 2010 - 21:31:06 EEST

Hi all! I don't know if this is an Ecasound problem or something else,
but any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've set up a MIDI controller in ecasound, receiving input from my
virtual MIDI port. If I send MIDI to the Virmidi port from a hardware
port/controller, everything works fine. But I need to send MIDI data
from a sequencer. If I set the sequencer output to the same Virmidi
port, Ecasound seems to receive nothing. I know the Virmidi port works,
and I can send data from the sequencer to software synths with it. I've
heard this problem exists, but it seems that it is application specific.
Can anyone suggest a work-around, or something I can check or fix, or
might this be some strange Ecasound problem. Thanks much.

Kevin