Re: [ecasound] MIDI input from Virmidi?

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Oct 25 2010 - 22:46:05 EEST

Hi,

On Wed, 20 Oct 2010, Kevin Utter wrote:

> I've set up a MIDI controller in ecasound, receiving input from my virtual MIDI port.  If I
> send MIDI to the Virmidi port from a hardware port/controller, everything works fine.  But I
> need to send MIDI data from a sequencer.  If I set the sequencer output to the same Virmidi
> port, Ecasound seems to receive nothing.  I know the Virmidi port works, and I can send data
> from the sequencer to software synths with it.  I've heard this problem exists, but it seems

could you show some examples that do not work..? This definitely should
work and you can see the basic examples at:
http://eca.cx/ecasound/Documentation/examples.html#midi-io

One limitation of current implementation is that you can use only
one sequencer client at a time (i.e. only one -Md counts). See more
about this from Pedro:
http://www.eca.cx/ecasound-list/2005/08/0067.html