Re: [ecasound] Transport information in text mode

From: Joel Roth <joelz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jun 04 2009 - 21:15:54 EEST

On Thu, Jun 04, 2009 at 09:11:53AM +0200, laurent schwartz wrote:
> Hello Joel,
>
> It seems some perl programming skills are needed here to get transport time
> displayed ...

Ecasound has language bindings for Python, Perl, and Lisp,
so you could possibly create only what you need.

> Anyway, i tried to install nama using the following command on my ubuntu
> hardy setup:
>
> sudo cpan Audio::Ecasound::Multitrack
>
> But unfortunately, it fails:
>
> Failed Test Stat Wstat Total Fail Failed List of Failed
> t/02_assign.t 255 65280 1 1 100.00% 1
> t/03_wav.t 255 65280 1 1 100.00% 1
> t/04_object.t 255 65280 1 1 100.00% 1
> t/11_mark.t 255 65280 1 1 100.00% 1
> t/12_nama.t 255 65280 1 1 100.00% 1
> Failed 5/5 test scripts, 0.00% okay. 5/5 subtests failed, 0.00% okay.
> make: *** [test_dynamic] Erreur 255
> /usr/bin/make test -- NOT OK

> May be there's something wrong on my system ... I'm not a perl expert.

There should be a bunch of error messages before that summary.

Could you post them?

> Or may be i could clear my perl library and try again but i don't know how

No need to do that. Failed perl installations don't usually soil
their mother's bed.

> I will try later the other way to install nama (with GIT).

Either way, you will have to get the dependencies installed.
I just tested with a fresh installation. For some reason
I had to install Data::Rmap and Text::Format manually.

Let me know what you find.

By the way, I will have to write a couple-line patch for you
to get the the time display in text mode.

How will having the time display help you?

I need to decide at what increments to display the time.

(Right now the callback executes every three seconds to
check that the transport is still running. Also the timing
is not exactly on the second.)

Joel

--
Joel Roth