Re: [ecasound] ecasound-2.4.6.1 tries to open wrong LADSPA plugins files and hangs

From: Sergei Steshenko <sergstesh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Aug 09 2008 - 04:02:07 EEST

--- On Fri, 8/8/08, Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
> Subject: Re: [ecasound] ecasound-2.4.6.1 tries to open wrong LADSPA plugins files and hangs
> To: ecasound-list@email-addr-hidden
> Date: Friday, August 8, 2008, 11:47 AM
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 8 Aug 2008, Sergei Steshenko wrote:
>
> > (export LADSPA_PATH=`pwd`;
> ECASOUND=~/AFSWD/install/ecasound-2.4.6.1/binsh/ecasound;$ECASOUND
> -d -D -i input.wav -chmove:2,3 -chcopy:1,2 -chcopy:3,4
> -eli:1020 -o alsa )
> [...]
> > (eca-static-object-maps) Unable to open plugin file
> "/home/sergei/work/some_name.log".
> > (eca-static-object-maps) Unable to open plugin file
> "/home/sergei/work/junk".
> > (eca-static-object-maps) Unable to open plugin file
> "/home/sergei/work/another_name.cbin".
> > ".
> [...]
> > This looks to me as a definite bug which should be
> easy to fix, i.e.
> > LADSPA prescribes plugins to be .so files, so IMO
> ecasound should try to
> > open only .so files.
>
> hmm, I doublechecked ladspa.h and there was no mention of
> ".so". On Win32
> machines the plugins could be *.dll files for instance. Or
> did I miss
> something?
>
> > /home/sergei/work/junk
> >
> > is not even a file, it's a directory.
>
> Now that's a valid point, ecasound should skip over
> directories. OTOH,
> they are skipped this way as well. ;)
>
> --

Kai,

the point is that LADSPA plugin is a DLL file - in Linux/Solaris it
will be a .so file, in Windows - .dll file, other OSes might have other
extensions.

I.e. ecasound should look for files with specific extensions which are
OS-dependent.

By the way, audacity being invoked from the same directory correctly
picks only the plugins that were there.

Thanks,
  Sergei.