Re: [ecasound] ecasound-2.4.6.1 tries to open wrong LADSPA plugins files and hangs

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Aug 10 2008 - 22:34:12 EEST

Hi,

On Fri, 8 Aug 2008, Sergei Steshenko wrote:

>>> (eca-static-object-maps) Unable to open plugin file
>> "/home/sergei/work/some_name.log".

btw, this is just a warning. Does ecasound in the end find the plugins
under 'work/'...?

> the point is that LADSPA plugin is a DLL file - in Linux/Solaris it
> will be a .so file, in Windows - .dll file, other OSes might have other
> extensions.

But what if some other system uses another convention? I'm uneasy with
hardcoding this type of stuff to ecasound unless it is part of the spec.

> By the way, audacity being invoked from the same directory correctly
> picks only the plugins that were there.

Ecasound should actually do the same thing.. it'll try to open all files,
but this should not prevent succesfully loading the actual plugin files.