Re: [ecasound] ecasound-2.4.6.1 possibly disrespects LADSPA spec WRT last buffer

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Aug 09 2008 - 00:24:41 EEST

Hi,

On Tue, 5 Aug 2008, Sergei Steshenko wrote:

> An addition - I was playing a FLAC file, and I see ecasound runs 'flac' as
> a separate process, so, I guess, the last buffer grabbed from STDOUT
> produced by 'flac' can be of whatever size smaller than or equal to
> "normal" buffer size.

this will happen with all file inputs (unless file length in samples is an
exact multiple of the ecasound buffer size). Btw, if you have libsndfile
installed, external 'flac' tool is not needed and instead libsndfile will
be used (you get some additional features such as the ability to seek with
flac input/outputs) -> you need ecasound 2.4.5+ and libsndfile 1.0.12+ for
this to work.