Re: [ecasound] Piping to ecasound

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Apr 01 2005 - 09:55:01 EEST

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005, Bill Moseley wrote:

> I'm sorry to say I don't know much about audio. I'm trying to now
> burn the audio back to cdr and cdrecord is giving an error:
>
> cdrecord: Bad audio track size 30750092 for track 01.
> cdrecord: Audio tracks must be at least 705600 bytes and a multiple of 2352.

CD tracks have to be of certain sizes. Ecasound actually has support for
creating CD-compatible tracks (the .cdr format), but the easiest option is
to provide cdrecord with .wav files and add the -pad option. It will then
pad all tracks so that their sizes will match the criteria.

> I'm piping flac to ecasound and was not able to use --force-raw-format
> flac option. Indeed, this plays the audio just fine.
>
> flac -dc test.flac | ecasound -i stdin -o alsa

ecasound -i test.flac -o alsa

... should also work. It uses 'flac' as well, but takes cares of the
piping on your behalf.

> So to convert a collection of flac files I'm using this in a script:
>
> for x in "$DIR"/*.flac; do
> OUTFILE="$(basename $x .flac ).wav"
>
> echo "Generating: $OUTFILE"
>
> flac -dc "$x" | \