[ecasound] speeding up ecasound

From: Brad Fuller <brad@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Apr 01 2005 - 07:23:38 EEST

I'm using ecasound in a bash script to call two LADSPA plugins. I'd like
to speed the script up (understanding that I'm dependent on the speed of
the plugins, of course.)

1: is there a way to shut off the printf to stdout? I selected -q but
still receive the text:

[* Session created *]

2: I really don't understand chains and chainsetups - and maybe I should
in this case. It seems that a chain is simply the arguments to ecasound.
Is that wrong?
So, if it is, what can you do with a chain that is different than just
specifying the args on the command line? Can you pipe the output of one
into the next to same time?
If it isn't, would someone be so kind to explain?

3: perhaps a buffer setting is appropriate here. I'm using Steve H's
tripleParameteric and fastLookAheadLimiter. Maybe a buffer setting
different than the default would help? Any ideas?

4: any other hints about speeding up much appreciated!

brad