Re: [ecasound] Piping to ecasound

From: Bill Moseley <moseley@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Apr 01 2005 - 17:24:37 EEST

On Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 09:55:01AM +0300, Kai Vehmanen wrote:
> CD tracks have to be of certain sizes. Ecasound actually has support for
> creating CD-compatible tracks (the .cdr format), but the easiest option is
> to provide cdrecord with .wav files and add the -pad option. It will then
> pad all tracks so that their sizes will match the criteria.

I'll try that .cdr format. As I posted in previous messages, the
-pad option (I assume) is adding a delay between the tracks when the
tracks are burned to cdr.

Is there a way to "burn" to a file? My wife says we already have
enough coasters.

> > flac -dc test.flac | ecasound -i stdin -o alsa
>
> ecasound -i test.flac -o alsa

Seems flac is not registered in my version from Debian Sid.

BTW -- When working remotely (like now, on my laptop) any suggestions
how to play locally. Currently, I output to a file then use ssh and
pipe into something like mplayer. But I'm curious if there's a way
to use something like -o alsa but have it work over the network.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley@email-addr-hidden