Re: [ecasound] reset "over" counters in ecasignalview?

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Apr 01 2005 - 10:53:22 EEST

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005, Peter Lutek wrote:

> i am wondering if it is possible to reset the "over" counters in
> ecasignalview, without stopping the meters. i don't see anything in the
> manpage about a way to do that.

Unfortunately that's not possible in current versions. Ecasignalview
doesn't allow any user interaction during operation, it just shows the levels
and that's it.

Extending ecasignalview with an interactive UI would be a bigger task, but
as a quick hack I added support for resetting the stats by sending a HUP
to the ecasignalview process (i.e. from another console: "killall -v -HUP
ecasignalview").

This is available in CVS, and using the snapshot at:
http://ecasound.seul.org/download/snapshots/ecasound-2.4.1-cvs-20050401.tar.gz