Re: [ecasound] hmm midi

Subject: Re: [ecasound] hmm midi
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Sun Feb 22 2004 - 15:19:44 EET

Hello list,

sorry for the lack of responses lately, I've been
out-of-country for a while, but now back at home.

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004, david moss wrote:

> thank you for the helpful mail, I double checked in
> proc/asound/devices and I can even manage to cat
> /proc/snd/midiC1D0 and fill the terminal screen with
> junk values when I move a knob on my controller so I

In that case you should get MIDI to work by specifying:

ecasound -Md:rawmidi,/dev/snd/midiC1D0 -i foo.wav -o alsa -ea:100 -km:1,0,200,74,1

... should control amplify with CC 74, on MIDI channel 1.

You can verify that the MIDI-subsystem is alive by adding
-d:511 to the command-line and searching for debug-output
line "(midi-server) Hey, in the I/O loop!".

> Over the weekend I double checked everything and I
> have made sure that the controlelr number matches that
> of my controller (because ecasound numbers controlelrs
> from 0-127 and my controller seems to number them from
> 1-128). I can get applications such as jack-rack etc

That's correct, CC74 would then refer to control number 75 in your
controller device.

> Oh and while Im here can someone explain a way I could
> use a midi button to control the muting in a similar
> way to that achieved via tkecasound etc....

This is not yet directly available, but you can assing a controller (with
-km) to an amplify effect at the end of a chain, and thus be able to mute
the chain with a MIDI-controller (see my above example).