client buffer overflow

Subject: client buffer overflow
From: Pierre Lorenzon (pollock.nageoire_AT_wanadoo.fr)
Date: Fri Feb 20 2004 - 10:47:40 EET

Hi,

I have been using ecasound for a few month now,
but at the beginning I was simply using it in
the interactive mode. I feel more convenient now using it
in a client/server mode. I wrote a small client in emacs lisp
but encounter the following problem :

When the command sent to the server has a length
exceeding 32 characters, I get an error (client buffer overflow).
I investigated the eca-neteci-server.cpp file and noticed that
buffer size for input commands is in fact 32. Since I didn't
any other solution to this problem, I set this size to a larger
amount (1024) recompiled and reinstalled the whole stuff
waiting for the next segfault which didn't appear !

I'd like to know if there is a serious reason for this buffer to
be so small. With 32 characters it is for instance impossible to
set the ai-add command whith the full path of a
file ...

Bests

Pierre