Re: [ecasound] client buffer overflow

Subject: Re: [ecasound] client buffer overflow
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Thu Feb 26 2004 - 19:49:49 EET

Btw; sorry about the recent increase in spam getting
     through to the list. I'll try to improve the filters.
     If all fails, I'll have to change the list policy
     to only allow mails from subscribers...

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004, Pierre Lorenzon wrote:

> When the command sent to the server has a length
> exceeding 32 characters, I get an error (client buffer overflow).
> I investigated the eca-neteci-server.cpp file and noticed that
> buffer size for input commands is in fact 32. Since I didn't

Ugh, this is a clear bug in Ecasound size. I'll fix this in the next
release (2.3.3).

> any other solution to this problem, I set this size to a larger
> amount (1024) recompiled and reinstalled the whole stuff
> waiting for the next segfault which didn't appear !

This is a good temporary fix.

> I'd like to know if there is a serious reason for this buffer to
> be so small. With 32 characters it is for instance impossible to

No, just sloppy coding by yours truly. :)