Re: [ecasound] hmm midi

Subject: Re: [ecasound] hmm midi
From: Julien Claassen (julien_AT_c-lab.de)
Date: Mon Feb 16 2004 - 01:27:38 EET

Hi!
  Ecasound has midi-support, but no alsa-midi-sequencer interface - as I know.
You can set the correct device in your ecasoundrc though. Depending on your
card (number) and the midi-device you use. You can look them up in
/proc/asound/devices. If I understand this correctly you might see a line like
this:
  8: [0- 0]: raw midi
  Which means, that you have to use /dev/snd/midiC0D0.
  I just recently tried it and it worked.
  To try it: take a look at your midi-controllers manual and look up some
controller numbers (usually the modwheel is 1). Then try this:
  ecasound -i test.wav -o alsa,default -ea:100 -km:1,0,100,1,0
  Be sure to switch your external midi gear to the first midichannel. Make
sure that you midi-selection switch (if you have one) is set to simple midi
(there are some things like MAC and/or PC - I can't remember properly).
  If all that doesn't help, check you're ecasound-version and ask again. :-)
  I hope that helps.
  Kindest regards
          Julien

--------