Re: [ecasound] hmm midi

Subject: Re: [ecasound] hmm midi
From: david moss (monokinetic_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Feb 17 2004 - 14:37:39 EET

Hello,
thank you for the helpful mail, I double checked in
proc/asound/devices and I can even manage to cat
/proc/snd/midiC1D0 and fill the terminal screen with
junk values when I move a knob on my controller so I
guess the midi is going to the correct place. But I
cannot get my ecasound ecs to respond to the midi.

Over the weekend I double checked everything and I
have made sure that the controlelr number matches that
of my controller (because ecasound numbers controlelrs
from 0-127 and my controller seems to number them from
1-128). I can get applications such as jack-rack etc
to pick up the midi but I cant get ecasound to work
with this. I read on the list that it is possible to
compile without midi support but I ran aio-register
while in interactive mode and it lists midi devices.

So my question is does anyone know why this isnt
working?

Oh and while Im here can someone explain a way I could
use a midi button to control the muting in a similar
way to that achieved via tkecasound etc....

thanks a lot for any help in advance....

Dave mK