Re: [ecasound] noise reduction possibilities?

Subject: Re: [ecasound] noise reduction possibilities?
From: Julien Claassen (julien_AT_c-lab.de)
Date: Thu Jan 08 2004 - 12:40:09 EET

Hi!
  With ecasound you can do a few of this tasks. Converting stereo to mono and
the final encoding can be done with it. But for the noise-reduction. Needless
to say that noise-reduction is dificult.I use - with some success - a set of
fft-tools. They are called pvc, whch you can find here:
  http://silvertone.princeton.edu/winham/PPSK/koonce.html
  If the host is unreachable, you can ask me, I've got a version at home.
  The mp3-conversion works with ecasound directly (as front-end, but I'd
always use lame directly, to have more control.
  Kindest regards
          Julien

--------

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net - the Linux TextBased Studio guide