Re: [ecasound] Compiling ecasound

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Compiling ecasound
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Fri May 30 2003 - 12:27:58 EEST

On 30 May 2003, Gerrit Niestijl wrote:

>> Why not use the readline that comes with ecasound?
> I started using --enable-sys-readline because configure fails on the
> included readline when I define CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS for optimization,
> with a message about it being illegal to specify more then one
> architecture (or something like that, i am not at my linux machine).

Hmm, if you can reproduce that, could you send me the exact errors (and
the CXXFLAGS you gave) to me in a private mail.

> I used to add -lreadline at two places in configure, not makefiles.

Could you try the latest CVS? I've made a few fixes to the
--enable-sys-readline handling and got already succesful build report.
So do:

cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs_AT_cvs.seul.org:/home/cvspsrv/cvsroot login
[enter 'guest' as password]
cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anoncvs_AT_cvs.seul.org:/home/cvspsrv/cvsroot co -d ecasound-cvs sound/ecasound
cd ecasound-cvs
./cvscompile --enable-sys-readline

... should work at least better than before. :)