Re: [ecasound] Compiling ecasound

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Compiling ecasound
From: Gerrit Niestijl (g.niestijl_AT_rijndam.nl)
Date: Fri May 30 2003 - 10:54:15 EEST

Hi,

"Kai Vehmanen" <k_AT_eca.cx> writes:

> > Until recently I could compile ecasound with --enable-sys-readline. I
> > had to add -lreadline at two places in configure, something like
> > LIBS = -lncurses -lreadline $LIBS (I'm not at my linux machine now).
> > This was because of the installed version of automake (1.6 I think).
>
> Why not use the readline that comes with ecasound?

I started using --enable-sys-readline because configure fails on the
included readline when I define CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS for optimization,
with a message about it being illegal to specify more then one
architecture (or something like that, i am not at my linux machine).

> Anyway, the above sounds odd, you definititely shouldn't need to add
> libraries by hand to makefiles (this is done by ecasound's configure). Has
> anybody else seen this?

I used to add -lreadline at two places in configure, not makefiles.

Anyway, thanks for your reply. I'll try again and come back here with
more details if I don't succeed.

--
Gerrit