Re: [ecasound] a poor man's road to multitrack recording ...

Subject: Re: [ecasound] a poor man's road to multitrack recording ...
From: Carsten Bauer (cbauer-@t-online.de)
Date: Fri Mar 21 2003 - 02:59:24 EET

Hi Junichi,

>Erm... you mean, you want different channel for the just-recorded audio
>and don't want mixed down sound?

yeah, to process the tracks differently befor the final mixdown

> ......, try gamix or anything that suits you to do that.

I'm already using gamix, and have toggled and switched everytthing which I
could find on the screen - no way ...
The Audigy card has 32 pcm's , you can route each chain to a separate one and
then adjust the levels separately with gamix on playback, but the other way
round there's only one device for capture. Ok, this is clear, because there's
only one jack for line in, so there only one input possible. and if I turn
down master volume, I don't hear the currently recorded sound, so far so
good, but then there's no other playback sound either, and this is what I
don't really understand. As in and output go through separate jacks, they
should be separable physically. Maybe this is only possible for highprice
cards...