problems with ecasignalview

Subject: problems with ecasignalview
From: Carsten Bauer (cbauer-@t-online.de)
Date: Fri Mar 21 2003 - 03:14:19 EET

Hi, its me again...hacking your nerves.. I start to feel guilty, having such a
powerful software at hand and nothing else in mind but complaining..but I
don't mean it as complaint, maybe the info is of interest..

I can record with

ecasound -i alsa,emu10k1 -o test.raw

without problems, but when I try

ecasignalview alsa,emu10k1 test.raw
I get:
(eca-control) ERROR: Connecting chainsetup failed: "Enabling chainsetup:
AUDIOIO-ALSA: Unable to open ALSA--device for capture; error: Device or
resource busy"

(I stopped everything else before issueing this command, so there's nothing
grabbing at the card except ecasignalview..)

with
ecasignalview /dev/dsp1 test.raw
I get some info, but in cumulative mode, although I didn't specify -c (all
values add up, if I turn down the gain with the mixer, I see the high values
-2 dB,1dB etc don't change anymore, but they don't vanish from the screen)

Hmmm??

Version: ecasound 2.2.1, just recently sucessfully compiled, on Suse Linux
8.1, Kernel 2.4.199

so long
Carsten