Re: [ecasound] a poor man's road to multitrack recording ...

Subject: Re: [ecasound] a poor man's road to multitrack recording ...
From: Junichi Uekawa (dancer_AT_netfort.gr.jp)
Date: Thu Mar 20 2003 - 21:10:14 EET

Hi,

> now, finally, my questions:
> -1-
> Is there any other way to get stereo multitrack recording with the same card
> and the new track separated from the monitor ?

Erm... you mean, you want different channel for the just-recorded audio
and don't want mixed down sound?

> -2-
> A general issue: when recording, the signal is always automatically forwarded
> to the output, e.g, if a mic is plugged in, you already hear its sound from
> the speakers even if no recording process is started. Is there any way to
> block this? (Just turning down the mixer volume is of no use, as then the
> monitor track cannot be heared anymore..)

I think that is what MIC volume is, on other soundcards.
I don't know about your soundcard, if it might be different, but
you can probably change that in your volume controls, try gamix or anything
that suits you to do that.

regards,
        junichi