Re: [ecasound] Tutorials and Articles page online

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Tutorials and Articles page online
From: Adam Linson (adam_AT_semioweb.com)
Date: Tue Mar 18 2003 - 15:54:57 EET

> Well, first I wanted to separate reference material (man pages) and
> introductory material (the rest). I think this is a good thing. As for
> others, having all of the material in the user's guide would be indeed a
> good thing, but I've now come to realize that this will never happen. :(
> Even if somebody made the huge effort of writing a complete user's guide,
> who will have time to maintain it?

what about some kind of user's guide modeled after wikipedia.org, which
is GPL'd and "self-maintained" by users? this seems to me to be an
extremely effective way of organizing tidbits of knowledge (in multiple
languages) into something useful for everybody, both for ease of
information access AND contribution, and seems to solve the problem of
maintenance.

adam

PS ignore this PS. my dreadfully inappropriate impatience strikes again:
did anyone happen to read my march 3 mail to this list? sorry, i must
have THE worst netiquette. please forgive me, television has destroyed
my brain... ;-)