Re: [ecasound] development release: 2.2.0-rc1

Subject: Re: [ecasound] development release: 2.2.0-rc1
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Mon Dec 16 2002 - 06:23:43 EET

On Mon, 2 Dec 2002, Junichi Uekawa wrote:

> However, newer versions of automake and autoconf and libtool have
> fixed quite a few problems and I think it's less problematic to use shared
> libraries now.

But the fact is that propagation of new autotool versions takes a lot of
time. At this point I want ecasound to work with autoconf2.1x and
automake1.4.

> I was thinking about doing something like:
> -libecasound_la_LDFLAGS = -export-dynamic $(eca_ldflags) -static
> +libecasound_la_LDFLAGS = -export-dynamic $(eca_ldflags) -release @VERSION@

Hmm, that would work. I could add a --enable-shared-libs (or some
such) option that would enable this feature. Should this affect all the
libs (kvutitls, libecasound, libecasoundc)?