Re: [ecasound] "-ev" vs. ecasignalview

Subject: Re: [ecasound] "-ev" vs. ecasignalview
From: Adam Linson (adam_AT_dooyoo.de)
Date: Thu Oct 24 2002 - 15:31:47 EEST

hi, thanks for the speedy reply. since your answer, i've installed
2.2.0-pre3 and gave your scenario a try. of course, i realize it's a new
feature, so i'm not complaining(!), just asking, in case i'm doing
something wrong. basically, the "-evp" worked perfectly, exactly as
you've described it below, but with "-ev" i get (on RedHat 7.2):

Exception! [mv]waddstr() returned ERR
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/ecamonitor", line 116, in ?
    main()
  File "/usr/local/bin/ecamonitor", line 110, in main
    raise e
curses.error: [mv]waddstr() returned ERR

on a related note, are there any plans for frequency-measurement tools
in the same vein as the amplitude measurement ones (like ev/evp)? if
not, then how may i suggest this? it could be useful, for example, in
manipulating extreme hi's and low's (to save listeners or equipment!).

and on an unrelated note, i am writing some code for event-based
"triggers", since it is my understanding that there is nothing like this
built into ecasound. please correct me if i am wrong about this.

as for a guess to what eca stands for, all i could come up with before i
asked was either "Ephedrine-Caffeine-Aspirin" (sounds like a potential
programming recipe), "Electronics Corporation of America" (they did make
tube radios), or "Evangelical Christian Association" (highly unlikely).

cheers,
adam