Multiple stereo records at once

Subject: Multiple stereo records at once
From: Craig Meyer (craig_r_meyer_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Oct 24 2002 - 23:36:08 EEST

Dear Ecasounders,

I have a small business converting people's cassette
tapes to compact discs. Presently, I use
Redhat7.2/OSS/M Audio Delta 1010LT.

On a single computer I record multiple stereo streams
at once using multiple ecasound instances.

My question is this: Would there be a way for me to
record, say, four simultaneous stereo streams at the
same time with -one- ecasound process instead of four?

Wouldn't that be much easier for the computer to
handle, what with fewer processes and hits to the OSS
driver?

Just wondering,
--Craig Meyer
  Seattle WA