Re: [ecasound] stability of the 2.1devX series

Subject: Re: [ecasound] stability of the 2.1devX series
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Wed Sep 18 2002 - 15:41:57 EEST

Btw; searching the ecasound-list web archives at
     http://www.eca.cx/mlists.html is back online!

On Wed, 18 Sep 2002, The Eye wrote:

> well, I'm using 2.1dev11 here and have been for a while .. seems to work
> nicely for what I'm doing, which is plain vanilla stereo-recording via
> line-in most of the time, although with the largefile-thing as a main

Well, it's a good start that at least the basic functionality is
working.;)

> I got a TerraTec EWX 24/96 which, according to what is printed on the
> box, is able to record and play at 24 bits/ 96kHz ... so after reading
> your message I wanted to try that .. put a record on the Turntable,
> started
> ecasound -f:s24_le,2,96000 -ev -i:alsa,default -o:test-24-96.raw

I'm pretty sure the TerraTec card uses the 24-in-32bit representation for
the samples. This means you should use -f:s32_le,2,96000 as the format.

Using -f:s24_le,2,96000 here results in implicit a 24-in-32bit ->
24-in-24bit conversion in the alsa-lib plugin layer.