Re: [ecasound] porting ECI to PHP

Subject: Re: [ecasound] porting ECI to PHP
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Wed Sep 18 2002 - 15:47:19 EEST

Oops, I wrote this reply already a few weeks ago, but
forgot to send it. :)

On Tue, 3 Sep 2002, Tony Leake wrote:

> I'm starting out to port ECI to PHP. My idea of direction is to link to
> libecasoundc and then write wrapper functions around eci_init, eci_command
> etc.
>
> Is this the correct approach?

Yup, that's the way to do it. You can use the Audio::Ecasound, Perl module
for ECI, as an example. It is linked against libecasoundc and uses the C
ECI API.

PHP ECI port sounds interesting... do you have any specific uses for it in
mind? :)