Re: [ecasound] ecasound being a slave to jack

Subject: Re: [ecasound] ecasound being a slave to jack
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Wed Sep 18 2002 - 15:47:52 EEST

On Tue, 17 Sep 2002, Jeremy Hall wrote:

> What is the status of ecasound being a slave to jack?
> What is the status of ecasound being transport master?
> Is it possible to ignore timing and be an independent internal master that
> is not propogated to jack?

Yes to all these. The needed code was added to ecasound CVS already in
June, but I haven't had much to work on it since then. But it does work on
all three modes "-G:jack,clientname,xxx", where xxx is:

master = sets transport state (running status, location) for
           other JACK clients
slave = gets transport state the current JACK transport master
streaming = does not care about transport state

More info can be found from the latest ecasound(1) man page.