Re: [ecasound] new user:problems with playing sound files

Subject: Re: [ecasound] new user:problems with playing sound files
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Sun Jun 16 2002 - 21:35:59 EEST

On Wed, 12 Jun 2002, kcross wrote:

> Unfortunately 'ecawave-cvs' still won't play a sound file.(I can only install
[...]
> When I load a .wav and attempt to S(t)art I get:
> error during operation.
> The konsole reports:
> (eca-oss):Device or resorce busy

This means some other application is used the soundcard and
ecasound/ecawave can't access it. If you are running KDE, it's probably
artsd that's taken the soundcard. Try "killall -v artsd" and then retry
playing files with ecawave.

> I still can't even load .aiff files.
> Ladspa plugins are once again not been found.Last time I had to create a link.
> It seems that ecasound\ecawave isn't finding my 'audiofile-0.2.3'.
> Should I recompile ecasound with '--with-audiofile'?

Hmm, this could be a libaudiofile problem/bug. When you issue "echo
aio-register | ecasound -c", are .aiff and .snd mentioned in the list? If
yes, then ecasound correctly finds and uses libaudiofile.