Re: [ecasound] new user:problems with playing sound files

Subject: Re: [ecasound] new user:problems with playing sound files
From: kcross (kcross_AT_linex.com)
Date: Wed Jun 12 2002 - 23:10:42 EEST

I have installed ecasound -2.1dev9 with 'disable-alsa' (- whichever alsa 0.9
version,cvs or not I still can't get alsamixer or amixer to install.I should
say that I'm only using the internal sound driver of the powermac and either
use arts or oss direct.Works fine for 'snd' and 'xmms'.

Unfortunately 'ecawave-cvs' still won't play a sound file.(I can only install
this version of ecawave.The 'ecawave-0.4.1.tar.gz' can't find some files and
reports it's 'all recursive'.

When I load a .wav and attempt to S(t)art I get:

error during operation.

The konsole reports:
(eca-oss):Device or resorce busy

I still can't even load .aiff files.
Ladspa plugins are once again not been found.Last time I had to create a link.
It seems that ecasound\ecawave isn't finding my 'audiofile-0.2.3'.
Should I recompile ecasound with '--with-audiofile'?