Re: [ecasound] ecasound/jack

Subject: Re: [ecasound] ecasound/jack
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Wed Mar 27 2002 - 02:37:22 EET

On Sun, 24 Mar 2002, S. Massy wrote:

>> A fix to this is in CVS. Parts of the multitrack sync code were used even
>> if multitrack mode was not active. As a result, ecasound kept on skipping
> Yes, it works now and quite nicely at that. Of course there are some
> small weirdnesses here and there but it's not too bad.

Good to hear that.

> BTW, why does ecasound trigger an xrun each time it interacts with jackd
> (connect/disconnect for example)?

Jeremy has reported similar problems. Sounds like a ecasound bug, although
I can't reproduce it myself (both connects and disconnects work fine
here... maybe having a smp machine helps).

>> jackd with the -F option (= "don't fork").
> Actually this option seems to be gone. I certainly remember it was
> present in the earlier versions of jack but now it's gone from the help
> message and doesn't seem to have any effect anymore.

It's disappeared from --help, but it still works. Try running jackd with
it, and then issue 'killall -USR1 jackd'. I just tested with the very
latest jack CVS-version, and I still get the debug output from jackd.