[ecasound] ecasound/jack

Subject: [ecasound] ecasound/jack
From: S. Massy (theanaloguekid_AT_tak.net.dhis.org)
Date: Tue Mar 19 2002 - 23:06:33 EET

Hi,
I'm trying to get the latest CVS of jack and ecasound to team up
together but it's not working too well. Jackd is working fine, I can get
the jack monitor utility to give me a good clean sound, however when I
try something like:
# ecasound -b:512 -f:16,2,44100 -i:jack_alsa,in -o:jack_alsa,out -c
and then start the engine I get a LOUD buzz and nothing more. What might
be going on here?

Few things I've noticed:
- Alsa support is broken in latest CVS. (I believe that was mentioned by
  someone in a earlier message.)
- Either there's an oversight in the jack plugin code or ecasound is
  ignoring -f because if I start jackd with a sr of 48 Khz and try to
  tell ecasound about it -f:16,2,48000 it still complains about
  expecting a sr of 44.1.

Suggestion: It would be quite useful if there was a utility to list
registered ports also possibly telling us what is connected to what.