Re: [ecasound] Configure for ecawave-0.4.1

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Configure for ecawave-0.4.1
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Tue Mar 19 2002 - 02:32:46 EET

On Sat, 16 Mar 2002, jschoeni wrote:

> when I run configure for ecawave, I get:
[...]
> checking for libecasound interface version 7... not present.
> configure: warning: ** Compatible interface version of libecasound not
> found. Will still try compiling... **

This might a problem with compiling and/or linking the C++ test program.
You could try replacing "AC_MSG_ERROR" with "AC_MSG_WARN" on the line in
ecawave-0.4.1/acinclude.m4 that prints the "Compatible interface version".
Then run:

rm -f config.cache
aclocal
automake
autoconf
./configure

This ignores the test and continues compilation. libecasound seems to be
correctly installed on your system, so compiling ecawave should succeed.

PS Totally-OT: Few suprising events have forced me to change my near
   term plans. I'll now have to work like a madman to finish a few
   pending projects before summer. This means that I won't have much
   time for ecasound development. :( On the bright side, it looks like
   I will have _much_ more time for linux-audio related work starting
   from May-June. So I'll be back. ;)