[ecasound] so I try to compile it

Subject: [ecasound] so I try to compile it
From: CLOTILDE (guy.clotilde_AT_wanadoo.fr)
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 17:20:15 EET

As I wasn't able to rebuild the src.rpm, I downloaded the tar.gz .
I typed "./configure" then "make". "make" complained about alsa/asoundlib.h not found. I have alsa 0.9.0beta7.
Looking deeper, "make" was in the ecasoundrc/plugins . I typed "locate asoundlib.h" , found it on my harddrive at /usr/include/sys/ . Then I made a "alsa" directory in ~/ecasoundrc/plugins , copied the asoundlib.h there, typed "make" once again. And then it worked. Is it normal? (I'm using Mandrake 8.0)

Thanks for the lights.