[ecasound] ogg does not play

Subject: [ecasound] ogg does not play
From: smoerk (smoerk_AT_gmx.de)
Date: Thu Feb 07 2002 - 12:42:16 EET

Hello,

I'm new to the list and to ecasound. I tried to play an ogg file, but I
only hear silence. The same ogg file plays with ogg123. Mp3 works with
ecasound. I tested it with 2.0.3 from Debian and the latest development
version (I think 2.1.7).

What is the best way to process live streaming mp3 or ogg files with
ecasound?

ecasound -i http://server/file

does not work ;) but

wget -O - http://server/file | ecasound -i -

doesn't work too (maybe ecasound thinks it's raw pcm audio).

Smoerk