[ecasound] independent L/R channel access

Subject: [ecasound] independent L/R channel access
From: Jesse Chappell (jesse_AT_essej.net)
Date: Sat Feb 09 2002 - 18:39:40 EET

Kai (or others),

  I need independent control of the L and R channels within ecasound. I'm
using an ens1371 and I need one chain's input to be only the left and
another chain's input to be only the right channel. I can't seem to find
the right params to -f or -i (using OSS or ALSA) to make this happen. It
appears that I just get a downmixed mono if I use a 1 channel format.

This has got to be possible! If not at the device level, at the chain
level (stereo interleaved device input split to the inputs designated by a
1 channel chain.) Does this require a new feature?

jlc