Re: [ecasound] problems with the loop device and changing formats

Subject: Re: [ecasound] problems with the loop device and changing formats
From: S. Massy (theanaloguekid_AT_tak.net.dhis.org)
Date: Wed Oct 31 2001 - 08:34:03 EET

On Tue, 30 Oct 2001, Kai Vehmanen <k_AT_eca.cx> wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Oct 2001, S. Massy wrote:
>
> > Also, trying to play a .au file (which is also an internal plugin unless
> > I'm much mistaken) results in a "wait_for_full failed" at best and a nice
> > segfault at worst.
>
> * ecasound v2.1dev4 (C) 1997-2001 Kai Vehmanen
> [...]
> Input (1): "foo.au" - [SGI libaudiofile object]
> -> connected to chains "default": position (5.294/0.000) seconds.
> -> open, s16_le/2ch/44100Hz, buffer 1024.
>
> ... at least this one file plays fine.
Well, now we know that it's not plugin related...
Still, it seems to be the same problem with low SRs that I first mentioned with
alsa devices (xrun). If ever you try to play a .au file at 8000 hz you get a
"wait_for_full failed". If my guess is right it probably starts when you
drop below 22050 hz, as with the alsa problem. It seems like ecasound's engine
has trouble coping with sr's lower than 22050 hz... weird...