Re: [ecasound] ecasound with alsa

Subject: Re: [ecasound] ecasound with alsa
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Wed Sep 26 2001 - 12:01:27 EEST

On Wed, 26 Sep 2001, martijn wrote:

> aha! "alsa,default" was the hint i needed to get ecasound work with the
> latest alsa-drivers for me. i tried to do specify "alsahw,default" instantly,

The 'default' pcm-name is a relatively new thing, but I've understood it's
now the standard name to use in apps, when user hasn't explicitly
requested for other pcm-names. In the ecasound 2.1.x devel-series
"-o:alsa" is expanded to "-o:alsa,default". But with 2.0.x you have to
specify the default on the command-line.

> but to my disappointment it was interpreted as "alsahw,0,0,0" which i knew
> didn't work. just wondering if it's something i didn't do right. the output
> of aio-register indicates that it should work, but it doesn't... i'm using

That's weird. In my machine (post-0.9beta7 CVS-snapshot), also "alsahw",
"alsahw,0,0" and "alsahw,0,0,0" work. How about: "alsa,hw:0,0,0"?