Re: [ecasound] Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA vocoder plugin (fwd)

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA vocoder plugin (fwd)
From: Josh Green (jgreen@users.sourceforge.net)
Date: Wed Jun 20 2001 - 14:02:57 EEST

"S. Massy" wrote:

> Yes, the clicking thing is very annoying, though it's nothing
> compared to what it was in the past. I have a setup very similar to
> yours, sound-wise at least, and I experience these sudden irruptions
> of static (sounds like an old AM radio to me.); the most frustrating
> is that it seems to happen very randomly, so it's hard to
> trace. However it seems to happen much more quickly with your vocoder
> plugin on (takes only a few minutes for me.). Have you tried running
> ecasound with the "-r" and "-z:nointbuf" options? They are mandatory
> for me. Also, are you using ALSA devices or OSS emulation? I
> experienced no segfault at all though. BTW, that vocoder is quite
> amazing.

Your description sounds like what I'm experiencing as well. I've tried
both OSS emulation and alsa,"hw:0,0". I've tried -r and -z:nointbuf,
perhaps I should do more thorough testing with those options though.
Hmm. Yeah not sure about the segfaults, whether its related to hardware
or not (haven't got one in a while).

My part in bringing about the vocoder plugin only took about 1 day :)
The real work was done by the original author. I also am quite amazed by
it! I've been having fun vocoding stuff. Its really cool to connect up a
keyboard controlled synthesizer (I've tried sound font patches as well
as an external analog synth), then you can modify the tones and cords
that are used for the carrier. Makes for a nice musical effect with
vocals. Lates..
        Josh Green