Re: [ecasound] Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA vocoder plugin (fwd)

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA vocoder plugin (fwd)
From: S. Massy (theanaloguekid@tak.net.dhis.org)
Date: Wed Jun 20 2001 - 03:31:41 EEST

On Tue, 19 Jun 2001, Josh Green <jgreen@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> That bit of ecasound looks rather interesting. I'll check it out.
>
> Did you have any segfault problems? Or any problems with audio degrading
> over about 15 minutes period of time (pops and clicks), I think I
> mentioned that problem to you before. I haven't done a thorough test
> yet, just thought maybe someone could verify if they are/aren't having
> the same problems with ALSA 0.9.0beta4, SB Live and ecasound v2.0.1. I'm
> not sure yet if the segfault is caused by my plugin or not :) I know the
> audio degrading thing isn't the plugin though, as I removed it from the
> chain (just full duplex ALSA input/output) with same results. Happy
> vocoding :)

Yes, the clicking thing is very annoying, though it's nothing
compared to what it was in the past. I have a setup very similar to
yours, sound-wise at least, and I experience these sudden irruptions
of static (sounds like an old AM radio to me.); the most frustrating
is that it seems to happen very randomly, so it's hard to
trace. However it seems to happen much more quickly with your vocoder
plugin on (takes only a few minutes for me.). Have you tried running
ecasound with the "-r" and "-z:nointbuf" options? They are mandatory
for me. Also, are you using ALSA devices or OSS emulation? I
experienced no segfault at all though. BTW, that vocoder is quite
amazing.

Regards,
S. Massy