[ecasound] transform time to frequency / frequency range analyzation

Subject: [ecasound] transform time to frequency / frequency range analyzation
From: Frank Meurer (Frank.Meurer@gmd.de)
Date: Tue Jun 05 2001 - 08:10:43 EEST

Hello,

maybe this is only YACOR (yet another case of RTFM) ;-) :

Is it possible to make a FFT or DCT transformation of a sound file?
I have (input) a sound file. I want (output) a frequency analyzation of
the whole file or a part of it (with each frequency range of ?-Hz as a
statistic mean value of the analyzed time range). The output can be a list
of values on stdout or maybe a visualization in ecawave.

How can I do that? Is it possible?
(Yes, I know the filter capabilities of ecasound. But I want a /full/
frequency analysis.)

Thank you.

regards,
Frank

--
Close the windows, open Linux

Sending unsolicited commercial email to this address may be a violation of the Washington State Consumer Protection Act, chapter 19.86 RCW. Das Verschicken unverlangter kommerzieller email an diese Adresse ist verboten (LG Traunstein, 2 HK O 3755/97 vom 14.10.1997, CR 1998, 171f). Frank Meurer <meurer@gmx.de>, PGP ID: 0x5E756DA8 Key fingerprint = 169A 1138 8DB4 528F 2F01 20A6 EDD8 49C3 5E75 6DA8