Re: [ecasound] Bug in -enm

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Bug in -enm
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Tue Jun 05 2001 - 02:06:14 EEST

On Fri, 1 Jun 2001, S. Massy wrote:

> Alright... There seems to be a bug in -enm triggered when using an
> internal sampling rather other than 44100 Hz. (Suggesting a weird
> assumption somewhere); for instance:
[...]
> been done. The values are always modified by a coefficient of
> (44100/current_int_sr).

Resolving this needed quite a bit of bug hunting. The problem was in
-enm's handling of parameter values.

When -enm parameter is set, -enm converts from msec to audio_frames. So in
practise we encode the sampling rate to the stored value. When -enm
reports the current parameter values, it does the reverse, ie. from
audio_frames to msecs. Now when we set the internal sampling rate with
-sr, -enm should be able to scale it's current parameter values, or else
the frames to msec conversion will give an incorrect result...

Anyway, this was fixed in 2.0.1, released just a moment ago.

> On a side note there seems to be a typo at http://www.eca.cx
> "* 03.05.2000 - ecasound 2.0.0 released!

Now believe me, I had to read the above quite a few times to notice
the problem. ;D